- Please get in touch with the officials of MCA to inform them that you want to become a donating member, and make arrangements to donate monthly so that you can be part of the solution.
- Spread the word, the community is our responsibility too, and we can create changes by focusing on educating our children resulting in a more educated, informed, and active community. Start with your immediate family, then the extended family, and install the idea that the goal for every child in our community is to increase focus on education. This may sound like a dream, but great ideas and achievements starts with a dream. We have to stop feeling sorry for our selves and our community, and copy others who changed their thinking pattern, took responsibility, and succeeded. We can too!!!
How can I be sure the money donated is used for the purpose intended?
We are in a technology saturated environment and as a result we are using technology to ensure everything we do is transparent.
1. MCA is a non-profit association and all the records are available to members for scrutiny. Every month the donating members receive a statement of donation collected and money spent (Treasury report).
2. All expenditures are approved by the membership body, and no one person can make a decision on how the money should be spent. Expenditures are a group effort.
3. All recipients of funds (In Kenya) have to acknowledge in writing that they have received funds and show how the funds will be used as agreed. These correspondences are kept as records and are available for review by all the donating members.